- Not disclosed
- Added 01/09/2017
- Closing 18/09/2017
- Tatiana CHEDUMBRUM
To perform protection and enforcement functions rapidly and courteously, to take appropriate action and report immediately to superiors any potential or imminent safety/security problem to resolve.
- Escorts guests, visitors and employees to parking lots when requested.
- Reviews all security reports of previous shifts, during the ½ hour carry period between shifts, to be familiar with names and situations and in order to brief the next person coming.
- Registers proper entries in the vehicle logbook.
- Checks the good functioning of fire alarm, life safety and security systems as required.
- Verifies regularly the fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
- Verifies Walkie-Talkie transmission while in the switchboard and during hours of duty.
- Oversees the opening of the tips box.
- Communicates any problem to superiors using the pager or two way radio.
- Attends and participates in departmental briefings.
- Participates in Fire and Evacuation drills.
- Attends emergencies in a security capacity to protect guests and team members as instructed by Chief Security Officer.
- Conducts night and day foot patrols in all areas of the hotel to observe and identify potential security or safety risks and undesirable conditions.
- Verifies that beach hawkers abide by the rules and regulations stipulated in their permit.
- Handles undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil law breaches as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, visitors and property.
- Answers security telephone hotline calls and responds in a timely manner, based on priority.
- Receives, records and stores lost and found items.
- Checks all vehicles, including bicycles, entering or leaving the hotel compound through main and back gate.
- Verifies that team members leaving the hotel during working hours have a gate pass and searches team members and their bag when they are leaving the hotel, using a metal detector.
- Monitors disembarking of goods and checks driveway approaches to ensure safety.
- Verifies that the hotel bus arrives and leaves the hotel at the scheduled time.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar position preferably in a 5 star resort.
- High level of integrity;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages;
willingness to work during odd hours, weekends as well as on public holidays;
- A clean certificate of character is a must.
(Management reserves the right to call only suitable candidates)