Provide legal support and advice to Medine group of companies. Analyse, identify and monitor legal risks and implications of business transactions. Partner with the business, understand its issues and produce viable and tangible solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that the rights of the business are protected, either through preventive or remedial action.
- Provide proactive and rapid legal opinion, and advise on all legal matters affecting the business. Provide expert solutions so as to minimize risk.
- Provide guidance and aiding in the management of litigation issues, such as contract disputes among others.
- Assist in drafting sensitive and high-value legal documentation necessary for business operations.
- Research and analyse law sources, including any new legislations and amendments brought to existing legislations.
- Coordinate and supervise legal team work.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be necessary in the circumstances and/or required by the employer.
- Qualified Barrister at Law/ LLB/ Bachelor in Law/ Master in Law.
- At least 5 years legal working experience.
- Knowledge of court procedures and law sources.
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English and French.
- Ability to grasp complex areas of law rapidly and accurately.
- Excellent legal negotiation skills.