Front Office Assistant
- Black River
- Not disclosed
- Added 10/01/2017
- Closing 09/02/2017
- Human Resources
The Front Office Assistant is the first point of contact to guests and hence, should ensure exceptional guests' experience but managing their first impressions.
- Meet, greet and direct Guests who enter the lobby area and check them in and out in an efficient and friendly manner
- Utilize a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all guests and ensure hotel departments are fully briefed on their requirements
- Seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Serve as a point of contact for Guests – ensuring they feel comfortable and can ask advice or information from Guest Relations
- Maintain a balanced bank assigned by the hotel. Make change, cash checks, exchange foreign currency. Reconcile all transactions at the close of each shift.
- Manage, record and resolve Guest or customer complaints promptly
- Ensure a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained for Reception, Lobby area.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all facilities and services provided within the hotel and identify opportunities for up-selling and promoting when appropriate
- Answer guest calls and direct them appropriately in the absence of a Communications Operator.
At least 1-2 years’ experience in the same position in the tourism/hotel industry sector
- Be a holder of at least an School Certificate
- Preferably be a holder of the NC3 Front Office from Hotel School of Mauritius
- Be able to read, write, understand and converse in both English and French, a third language is a definite advantage
- Be willing to work on a shift system (odd hours)
- Be outgoing, trustworthy, hardworking, and conscientious
- Be able to work independently and as a team
- Be well groomed and have a pleasant personality
Sands Suites Resort & Spa reserves the right to call only selected candidates for interview