ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES Working with the Printing Machines Team Leader and the Planning Coordinator, you will be responsible for operating the Printers and Plotters machines at a high level of efficiency, quality and safety. Your main duties will be: • follow the job sheets issued by the Printin ...
Working with the Printing Machines Team Leader and the Planning Coordinator, you will be responsible for operating the Printers and Plotters machines at a high level of efficiency, quality and safety. Your main duties will be:
• follow the job sheets issued by the Printing Machines Team Leader and/or Planning Coordinator (Supervisors) ensuring the machines are operating in a way which maximises output whilst maintaining quality;
• set up Printing machines based on the machine set up procedures;
• machine from completed files generated by the drawing offices, referring to Printing files and other sources to ensure the correct attention to detail is achieved;
• correctly follow all health and safety and quality procedures at all times;
• check the Printing Machines programme, tooling set up package and job sheets match and the correct revision of the drawing is being used;
• communicate any errors to the Supervisors without delay;
• ensure an initial inspection is carried out on all jobs by the Supervisors before continuing with the job;
• report and control stock movements, ensuring safe storage of materials and machined parts;
• continuous monitoring of the machine and cutting tool performance performing routine cleaning and lubrication (if any) of Printing machinery as required;
• non-complying components during set up and run must be kept separate from good or re-workable components and the Supervisors should be made aware of these;
• any re-workable parts should be reworked (if possible);
• after completion of the job, the program package and tooling should be returned to the correct location;
• any quantity of unused material should be logged using the material returns procedure and returned to the stores;
• all completed components should be cleaned and placed in a box in such a way that damage should not occur when in transit.
• Practical qualification and experience as a Printing Machine Operator (2/3 years).
PERSON SPECIFICATION / ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
• Listens, questions and clarifies information and instructions.
• Keeps the Supervisors informed of work progress and any potential problems.
• Is aware of the programme timescales and ensures deadlines are met.
• Works in a tidy manner, ensuring it is clear which components are for which job.
• Ensures work area is left clean at the end of the day.
Intellect and initiative
• Knows when to ask for support and advice from colleagues.
• Checks the job sheets against other instructions provided to ensure the correct machining process is being followed.
• With guidance from the Supervisors is able to clean and lubricate the machines.
• Good special awareness and the ability to spot potential problems prior to production.
• Able to install and maintain machine control software. Full training can be provided.
• Good knowledge level of Illustrator/Photoshop
Teamwork and staff relationships
• Is a positive influence over team/workshop morale.
• Remains in control under pressure.