The web developer is responsible for the design, layout and coding of a website. He/She is involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website - how the site works and how it looks. He/She can also be involved with the maintenance and update of an existing site.
The Web Developer will:
- write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
- test the website and identify any technical problems
- upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.
- have skills in software programming and graphics
- have creativity and imagination
- be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- have good interpersonal and communication skills
- be able to work on their own or in a team
- be able to work to tight deadlines
- be thorough and precise in their work
- be able to multi-task
- be aware of international web standards and protocols
- At least 2 years of experience