EDUCATION – BSC or HND Building/Civil Eng or equivalent
WORK EXPERIENCE – Min 6 years site experience with at least 2 years as site manager.
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project, ensuring client’s specification and requirement are met, reviewing progress and liaising with QS to monitor cost.
- Coordinating & supervising construction workers.
- Drawing up the programme
- Resourcing the programme
- Checking and preparing site reports, design and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Assessing and minimizing risks
- Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork
- Liaise with sub-contractors with regards to daily programme and ensure issue of shop drawings is done prior to start of works
- Ensure proper and timely communication and exchange of info with relevant M&E sub-contractors and other nominated and domestic sub-contractors.
- Knowledge in surveying, building construction methods including civil, wet trades and finishing trades
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making ability
- Working odd hours /under stress
- Good knowledge of building methods
- Ability to motivate
- Management of sub-contractors
- Be aware of occupational safety and health