Adecco is an International HR and Consultancy firm. Our client, leader in the region, in the production sector, is looking for a Maintenance Manager, to be based in Madagascar.
Our client, leader in the region, in the production sector, is looking for a Maintenance Manager, to be based in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing and coordinating the facility maintenance operation to meet company objectives for Production, Safety, Quality and Cost. He/she participates in the overall strategic design and direction of the maintenance department, processes, and in company industrial strategies and plans.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Management of the maintenance function
- Effective management of the maintenance function to ensure timely corrective, preventive and 'ameliorative' maintenance of factory, site, vehicles and other assets. As such, plan, direct and control the efforts of the maintenance team in line with company requirements for production, quality, safety and cost.
Assets and Equipment
- Manage assets to execute an effective preventive maintenance program, to minimize unscheduled down time, and ensure that equipment is ready to run when scheduled.
- Ensure that all equipment and facility installations and or modifications meet or exceed all regulatory standards and engineering standards.
- Consult with Production & logistics Department regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment, which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs
- Monitor and report maintenance key indicators to top management and make recommendations for necessary changes to drive improvement.
Capital & other projects
- Manage major Capital Projects
- Manage all contractor relationships and maintenance contracts
- As manager, take responsibility for team performance, development, coaching, motivation and discipline.
- To be a certified/registered engineer with appropriate institutions
- At least 8-10 years of experience in engineering position.
- A strong capacity to master automation systems, electric tri-phase and industrial mechanics is required.
- Awareness of quality systems, as well as Health and safety and risk management is desirable.
- To possess excellent management and leadership skills, and show successful experience in operating at a management level, managing teams in an industrial environment.
- Mastery of project management within tight frameworks.
- Excellent leadership skills, and ability to motivate team to high performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to integrate and function with operational and support teams
- Ability to show availability and support to team members and internal clients
- Ability to handle stress and multiple tasks effectively
- Role model regarding company values and practices