RESPONSIBILITIES To welcome and seat guests politely, to take orders for food and drinks, and to assist the Chef de Rang in delivering professional and friendly service to guests in restaurants, bars, rooms and during various catering functions, as per the Hotel’s standards.
• Performs mise en place of tables, work stations and trays as per Standard Operating Procedures and as instructed by an immediate superior.
• Sets up for various facilities or functions.
• Prepares VIP fruit baskets and other amenities.
• Removes all dirty cutlery, crockery, fruit baskets, etc… from tables, conference or board rooms, etc… and returns them back to the appropriate place.
Orders Taking & Processing
• Takes orders and notes on an appropriate form as per the Hotel’s standard.
• Informs kitchen or bar about orders as soon as any food item or drink is ordered by guests.
• Double checks tray before serving guest to ensure food and beverages items tally with orders.
Other cognate duties