ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES Working with the CNC/Laser Team Leader and the Planning Coordinator, you will be responsible for operating the CNC machines at a high level of efficiency, quality and safety. Your main duties will be: • follow the job sheets issued by the CNC/Laser Team Leader Monitor and ...
Working with the CNC/Laser Team Leader and the Planning Coordinator, you will be responsible for operating the CNC machines at a high level of efficiency, quality and safety. Your main duties will be:
• follow the job sheets issued by the CNC/Laser Team Leader Monitor and/or Planning Coordinator (Supervisors) ensuring the machines are operating in a way which maximises output whilst maintaining quality;
• set up the CNC/Laser machines based on the machine set up procedures;
• machine from completed files generated by the drawing offices, referring to CNC/Laser files and other sources to ensure the correct attention to detail is achieved;
• correctly follow all health and safety and quality procedures at all times;
• check the CNC/Laser programme, tooling set up package and job sheets match and the correct revision of the drawing is being used;
• communicate any errors to the Supervisors without delay;
• ensure an initial inspection is carried out on all jobs by the Supervisors before continuing with the job;
• report and control stock movements, ensuring safe storage of materials and machined parts;
• continuous monitoring of the machine and cutting tool performance performing routine cleaning and lubrication of CNC/Laser machinery as required;
• non-complying components during set up and run must be kept separate from good or re-workable components and the Team Leader should be made aware of these;
• any re-workable parts should be reworked;
• after completion of the job, the program package and tooling should be returned to the correct location;
• any quantity of unused material should be logged using the material returns procedure and returned to the stores;
• all completed components should be cleaned and placed in a box in such a way that damage should not occur when in transit.
• Practical qualification and experience as a CNC/Laser Operator (2/3 years).
PERSON SPECIFICATION / ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
• Listens, questions and clarifies information and instructions.
• Keeps the Supervisors informed of work progress and any potential problems.
• Is aware of the programme timescales and ensures deadlines are met.
• Works in a tidy manner, ensuring it is clear which components are for which job.
• Ensures work area is left clean at the end of the day.
Intellect and initiative
• Knows when to ask for support and advice from colleagues.
• Checks the job sheets against other instructions provided to ensure the correct machining process is being followed.
• With guidance from the Supervisors is able to clean and lubricate the machines.
• Good special awareness and the ability to spot potential problems prior to production.
• Able to install and maintain machine control software. Full training can be provided.
Teamwork and staff relationships
• Is a positive influence over team/workshop morale.
• Remains in control under pressure.